No i'm not talking about me=) Jake and Mary!!!! I'm sure most of you have heard me mention Jake and Mary in the past, but if not I'll give you a recap. Jake is Rion's childhood best friend and for a long time our relationship third wheel=). He came with us on many a dates while he was single, well during this time I decided that I had had enough. So I decided that it was my duty to find him a woman to hang around instead of Rion and I. Well the most logical to me was my very good friend Mary. So I acted as the match maker and two years later they are engaged!!!! Jake told Rion and I a week ago that his plan was to ask Mary to marry him the weekend after Thanksgiving in Gold Beach at a place called Pyrimid Rock (very pretty). Well then I was supposed to keep it a secret for a whole week......craziest thing i've ever done especially when we were to hang out with them a couple times during the weekend. Well I did it and on Friday I got a picture text of Mary's hand with a very beautiful diamond!
So now the planning is on, Mary called me today and gave me a list of things to look at, including the bridesmaids dresses. The tenative date is Sept 12th so we have a little bit a time, but Mary is on top of it. She even mentioned having a meeting with the bridesmaids soon to brainstorm wedding planning ideas, so if any of you married ladies have some advice for the planning please let me know so I can pass the word on=).
Hope everyone is having a fabulous week so far!!!
hey - it's not cool to tease us like that!
ReplyDeleteBut, congrats to Mary and Jake. My advice: don't get too much advice. Yes, there is such a thing, and it will drive one to their limits of sanity. Just remind her that she should trust her own judgement and to try to enjoy the process as much as possible.
Hopefully your chance will be next hun ;)
I was going to be so pissed at you! If I find out you're engaged on this blog...I might just stop reading! That's right, I said it! Goodness! Well anyways that is exciting for Mary and Jake!! :D
ReplyDeleteYay! I just now noticed. I am glad it wasn't you, because it would have taken me 3 days to find the post and I would have been way out of the loop. But I am excited for them. Nice job on keeping a secret ;)
ReplyDeleteI would never tell you via blog=)!
ReplyDelete