Tuesday, December 23, 2008

No More SNOW!!!

Ok so the snow was fun for the first few days, but I am super tired of it now! We have a foot and half of snow on the ground and the roads are completely covered, I haven't seen the pavement since Saturday! I tried to drive in it yesterday in Rion's four wheel drive....not a good idea! Without chains I was slipping and sliding all over the place so I didn't get far. Now we're not sure if we're going to make it to FW for Christmas, which would be super upsetting since i've never spent a Christmas away from my parents and I just don't think i'm ready to make that break yet=(. Today we made to Les Schwab down the street to see if they even had chains. Well they had some, but they were $100, which is a bit tough to shell out during the holiday season. So we're going to think about it tonight and then go back in the morning if we are desperate, which at this point i'm pretty darn desperate to get out of the house and not fear for my life when we're out on the road! Well I hope everyone else is being safe in their traveling this holiday season.

Aubri- i'd like to get an update on how digging your car out of the snow with a bed pan worked out =). I was laughing so hard when I read that on facebook, I know you probably did not think it was funny, but I just had this image in my head that was hilarious!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your snow disappears soon and that you are able to make it up to fdub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to go home for Christmas!! Trust me it stinks! Don't they put salt on the roads and use snow plows? Can you buy the chains, try to drive without them, and if you don't need them then just return them. Better safe then sorry. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete