Friday, January 16, 2009

Save save save

So this week I went into total save mode! I visted my friend Alison's new townhouse last weekend and was so jealous that she didn't have to hear footsteps overhead or people flushing toilets late at night that I decided I need to get serious about saving my money to eventually buy a place of my own. Now this is only the first week of my savings plan, but I feel good about this one. I pulled up my spending report in wells fargo (which if you have wellsfargo it's super duper handy to see what areas you spend the most money in) and started calculating what areas I need to decrease and eliminate spending. Now being the awesome accountant that I am I've found this extremely exciting and fun to keep track of exactly what I'm spending and in what catagory. Every night this week I log into my bank account and make sure I haven't overspent my limit for the week in that particular category then I update my color coded spreadsheet so I can keep track of exactly what's going on=). I know i'm a nerd, but if it works then that would be awesome because a house would just be the ultimate accomplishment to me right now (eventually i'm sure having a baby will be a bit more satisfying, but just not on that road yet=)). So we'll see how long I can stay on this plan, since I am kind of a shopper.

1 comment:

  1. I like your plan! I can just imagine you making your color coded sheet of paper ;). Good luck, if you set your mind to it I'm sure you will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete