
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
And the hunt is on
So instead of spending my time wedding planning, the last couple weeks Rion and I have been on the hunt for a house. This is way more time consuming then I expected it to be......First we went through the whole pre-approval process, which i'm sure many of you are familiar with, but geeze they need a lot of information. I mean I know it's a big thing to hand over that much money to someone, but wow talk about a stack of paper. So after we found out how much we were approved for we contacted a realtor and the search was on. So far I think we've seen over 10 different places with several different hopefulls and several different homes you couldn't pay Rion and I to live in. Well last night we wrote up an offer (which again was a rather large stack of papers) and are now waiting to see what happens. Unfortunately the house we're looking at is a short sale which means we have to wait around for the bank to let us know if they accepted or are going to counter, which could take anywhere to three months!!!! So we're going to keep looking and hoping that we hear back about this house sooner then later! Below is a picture since I think it has a really cute outside....the inside on the other hand is bright orange....do you think it's meant to be since we are rather large oregon state fans? Maybe they knew we would appreciate the color=)!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A few things:
ReplyDelete1. Love the new additions to your blog; the new header pic; and the wedding countdown.
2. I just sent my application in to the loan place as well. and soon will be meeting with the realtor (he's a friend of my bro's) once we know what I'm approved for.
3. Post more often! ;)
It is cute! I really like it. I know exactly what you mean about the stack of papers. Just wait until you sign papers to buy the house, that stack is NEVER ENDING!!! You will get tired of signing your name. Where is the house located? Good luck with the process, sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteA house - wow! I am jealous. Have fun looking. Do you ever watch HGTV?
ReplyDeleteHey Mike and I are coming down to Corvallis for a baptism on August 9th. I was hoping we could stop by and see you on the way down? We would probably be leaving either Friday night or Saturday morning. I'll call you soon to chat.