So that was sucky thing number 1, number 2 and 3 happened yesterday. So I'm taking a four week accelerated advanced tax class that's four nights a week in Portland. Well last night was our midterm so I left work at around 4 to get downtown in plenty of time. I usually car pool with a girl from work, but she couldn't make it to class that night so I was traveling solo. Also I decided that instead of driving all the way down there and trying to find a parking spot that I would just park at one of the max stations and take the max in. So I was taking backroads that I usually never take, that are usually pretty busy at the 4/5 oclock hour. Well I was on this road traveling about 35 or 40 MPH, the posted speed limit, and I was coming up to a drive way on my right side where a little red car was trying to make a left turn out of the drive way and onto the street I was traveling. well I noticed he was looking to the right, but I hadn't seen him look to his left, which is where I was coming up on him. And in my head I remember saying, "you better look my way, please look my way" and nope he didn't. I slammed on the breaks, but there was no way I could slow down, since I was only a few feet away from him when he pulled out. I slammed into him going at least 30 MPH.....We were both ok, but man was I shaken up, I couldn't get my door open because one of the panels scrunched in a bit so he had to come around and open it for me. I was in such a state of shock that I didn't realize my foot was bleeding. A few years back Rion had put these metal covers on my pedals because they looked cool, well when I slammed on the break my foot must have slipped and the pedals cut into my foot. It's fine now, but since I don't like the sight of blood it made me sick to my stomach. So I of course didn't know what to do once we both got out of the car, he didn't know either because he's a few years younger then I am so here we both are just standing there with our cell phones up to our ears trying to call anyone and everyone. Well of course Rion's cell phone was dead so I couldn't get a hold of him so finally I dialed 911 since the damage is way more then $1500 to both cars. Well when I was on the phone with the operator I noticed that there were cop cars racing towards me from the distance, but I didn't think they would send that many for an accident. There were literally 4 cop cars and a fire truck that pulled over to investigate the scene. I got checked out by the firefighters and the police officers and then they took our statements and the statements of the witnesses. The other driver was sited for failing to yield and failer to have insurance...yep no insurance! So both cars were towed away and then I had to have the tow truck driver take me home since I still couldn't get ahold of anyone that could give me a ride. Once I was home I realized "crap my midterm!" well at that time it was too late to drive down to Portland state so I'm really really hoping the professor lets me take it at another time. I've already emailed him, but haven't heard anything back yet....But I guess the good news is that my insurance rocks and they are taking care of everything, they are even setting up a rental car today so that I won't be carless forever, just not sure if they will declare the car a total loss or try and fix it.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Not a good week
So at the beginning of this week I thought this week would be a good, I was just trying to be positive and so I even wrote it on Facebook as my status......well boy did I jinx myself. So on Tuesday we found out that the bank that's selling the white and blue house will not get the signed acceptance offer to us until next week...they've already verbally accepted and had us do the inspection because they kept telling us they wanted to get this house out of their hands quickly...well now all of a sudden they are being slow and dragging their feet about this whole process. But the one good thing is that they do have the house listed as pending sale on the realestate agent sites so we know people aren't looking at it, but still someone could still make a better offer and take the house from us since we still don't have signed paperwork...sooooo frustrating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh man...that stinks...he's definately going to be paying for that for a long time....that was jamaal a couple years ago....he bought a new car for some lady...well he still has a bit more to pay for...but he's almost there!!
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm sorry. I hope that next week is a better week for you. Your professor should let you come in to take the midterm. You have pictures to prove it. I'm glad your insurance is giving you a rental car. What a frustrating situation.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Kristina!! I bet that would be scary to be in an accident. Remember that one time I was on the phone with you and I scraped someone? They just drove off so I'm guessing they didn't have insurance either. It wasn't a big deal compared with your situation though! I hope you get a shiny new awesome car at least...
ReplyDelete