Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Update

Well I know you all have been patiently awaiting to hear if we officially got the house=). Well thank goodness we did get formal acceptance and are scheduled to close on 9/10. We just had our appraisal on Monday and hopefully will hear back tomorrow on what they want us to fix if anything in order to close. We did the inspection about a month and a half ago so we know that there are only a couple minor things to be fixed, but not sure if the FHA appraiser will require them to be fixed prior to closing. I'm crossing my fingers that they don't so then we can move in sooner then later since Jake and Mary's wedding is the 12th, makes things a little tight as far as timing goes.

On another note I finally got my engagement ring back!!! When Rion proposed he was not able to get them to size it down because they said it would take 7-9 weeks and he decided that he did not want to wait that long=). So we turned it in to them a week after he proposed and I just got it back on Sunday. Now i'm ready to really start some planning since now I officially feel engaged again=).

Hope everyone is having a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! Wow...we'll close 9/11...I guess I can't call on my friend kristina to help me move! haha! sooo exciting!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, well we can call each other complaining about moving=). Are you going to post pictures of the house? I'm hoping to come up in October some time and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to come by your place=)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, that is coming up soon! My advice is to try to start packing early. It wasn't as stressful packing a little at a time, but when it got to be moving day, I was throwing things into boxes and it got a little crazy. I'm excited to come visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, it's funny you say that Jessie cause that's exactly what I do. I think i'm starting way in advance, but then come moving day I always have way more to pack up and I end up just throwing stuff anywhere I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, eveyone is buying houses!! Kristina now I know why you have been so busy! CAll me when you have time because I miss you!

    ReplyDelete