Sunday, August 15, 2010

6 Days

6 days until I walk down the aisle! Am I excited? Yes. However, I'm not sure if any of you experienced this when you were just about to get married. But it seems like everyone and there mom asks me if i'm excited. Of course i'm excited, but i've started to get to the point where I'm tired of people asking me. My response now is "ya..I guess" then I get a funny look, I bet wondering why i'm not jumping up and down. Honestly, this has been 6 1/2 years in the making. I knew I wanted to marry Rion only after a few months after dating him. There has never been a question of "if" but "when". Not only that but we've been engaged for over a year so this day at this point has felt like it were never going to get here. I'm also a little sad and disappointed that this day is so close. Everyone has told me how quickly this day will go by and what a blur it will be. Seems sad to me that I've spent all this time and money into planning this one day only to have it fly by in an instant. I'm really excited to see everyone, but in the same breath i'm disappointed I won't be able to spend more time talking to everyone. I'm also a little nervous about how i'll feel once it's all over, will I have wedding planning withdrawls? For those of you who have been thru this what did you feel like after the wedding? Any words of wisdom?

PS. I LOVE this hot weather we're having in the northwest, but we do have air conditioning=).

2 comments:

  1. Immediately after the wedding, all I could do was run the events and conversations of the night over and over in my head! I couldn't turn my mind off! So you might relive the wedding at least for a few days. I never had any wedding plan withdrawls that I can remember. I had fun remembering that even though the day was fast, it was wonderful and amazing to have gotten to spend an evening with everyone who loves and cares about me. :) I didn't mean to sound braggy, but really a wedding brings everyone special to you together. So my long winded advice is to enjoy the night and then when it is over think about how nice it was and about the people you saw even if it was briefly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely did not have wedding planning withdrawals. Sadly I did have some regrets afterwards though. Like I wish I would have video taped it, had different bridesmaid dresses and centerpieces, and I would have picked a warmer night! But those are fleeting thoughts and really in the grand scheme of things, who the heck cares! Haha : ) You will be happily married to the man of your dreams. A lifelong commitment, that's really what matters. It will fly by, just hold on and have fun! Wish I could see you in that white dress!

    ReplyDelete