Tuesday, February 28, 2012

December 9th, 2011

Hopefully I will never forget this day =). To ensure I don't forget this day or the other experiences I've had in the last few months I'm jumping back into the blogging world! It's not so much that I hope others read this and find it entertaining, that would be a bonus, but I look at it as a resource to remember what I'm feeling and thinking months or even years down the road.

December 9th, 2011 was a Friday. I woke up that morning feeling a bit weird but thought it might be due to the one to many drinks I had the night before. Rion and I had just started trying to have a baby so I knew there was a possibility I could be pregnant and decided why not take a test before heading into work. When I saw the double positive line I smiled and then immediately thought, "oh crap, we're gonna have a baby". Yes this is definitely what we wanted, but once it happens it's a bit of a reality check. Questions like can we even afford a baby and are we ready to be parents started running thru my mind.  I walked into the bedroom where Rion was sleeping and told him the news. I think he said something along the lines of "yaaaa" but in a half asleep voice =). 

The rest of the day was a blur and uninteresting compared to the wonderful news I was hiding from everyone else. That evening we told Marcus (Rion's Brother) and Mary and Jake our best friends. It was so unreal and so exciting to tell others that we were actually pregnant! We were going to have a baby!

The next day we told the grandparents. For Rion's parents we just sent Thea (Rion's Mom) a picture via text message of the pregnancy test. Within a few minutes they called ecstatic with the news that they were going to be grandparents. For my parents I called my Mom and blurted out, "so I'm pregnant"......there was at least a minute of silence on the phone while she processed this information. See we kept telling people it would be at least a year before we tried to have a baby, had to throw them off the trail =). If I remember right she finally laughed and then started to ask me how I was feeling and all that other mom stuff. She then handed the phone over to my Dad for me to tell him "well Dad I'm pregnant"....again silence....nothing "Dad I'm going to have a baby, you're going to be a grandpa". Finally he broke out into laughter and Mom said she saw a tear in his eye. 


 

3 comments:

  1. So sweet. Tears came to my eyes as well, just so you know. I really do hope you keep this up to date, because even though you aren't writing it for me, I enjoy reading anyway. :) (and secretly I feel like you ARE writing it just for me.) No pressure. I will read when you write, doesn't matter how long you go in between posts. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Aubri, she's writing it for me! =) I am so excited (and secretly jealous!) about this new journey in your life! I just wish you were closer, but keep writing and I'll feel more like we are closer together! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL thanks guys! Glad someone is enjoying it besides myself.

    ReplyDelete