Sunday, September 7, 2008

Last two weeks

Ok well I couldn't limit it to one subject to write about so get ready for random two weeks=). Well over labor day weekend Rion and I went down to Gold beach, which was one of the best weekends i've had all summer. We went Khakiing the first day and we all jumped off this incredibly large rock. In the evenings we played hand and foot, which is one of the best card games ever and on our last full day we went blackberry picking in which I got to wear some awesome cowboy boots=). 










Here's Rion being a nerd!
















Here's Emmie (Rion's younger brothers GF) and I before I jumped off the large rock!













Me jumping off the rock, it's higher then it looks in this picture....I promise=)






Awesome Cowboy boots!!!









So after that fun three day weekend I had to work....I know crazy, but we've been slowly getting settled in to the new apartment and finally got done cleaning the old apartment, which took forever!!!! I'll post some pictures of the new apartment once we've finished some of the pending details=). Well after a four day work week I was looking forward to the weekend, especially because I had read that there was a huge Oktoberfestival going on at one of the local breweries!!! I really never realized until I moved up to Portland, but microbreweries and beer tasting is huge to Oregonians!!! They love thier specialty beers and events like the one this weekend are
 extremely common. Addmission was free which was awesome and it was only $10 for a Oktoberfest mug that came with two free 16oz beers. And this is not just any beer this is Widmer beer with is extremely tasty. Not only was the beer decent price we (Mary and I) got free drinks from some very nice older men that worked for Widmer in California and were extremely pleased to meet Orgonians and learn more about life in Portland. All in all it was a very good night and we had a ton a fun. 

Yeah for Oktoberfest!!!!!

























Cheers=)



And if that wasn't exciting enough today we went out on the boat to go wakeboarding! The water was a bit cold but it was so hot out that it ended up being really fun. I had three runs, which equals three very hard falls so I was done pretty quick, but it was still a really fun atmosphere=)......now off to work tomorrow, but the beaver first beaver home game is less then a week away=)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments: