Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We have a Date!!!!

That's right we have a wedding date!!!! I know many of you wanted a quick and speedy engagement, but that's just not in the cards with me working full time and school part time until June. We just didn't think we could pull anything off and I, shockingly enough, do not feel any rush to the alter=)! I want to take my time to figure everything out and figure out each item one by one. So I know the anticipation must be killing you as to what the date is, but first i'll tell you where. So for the last two weeks I have been googling and searching for places around the area that would be in our price range and would do a lot of the set up and take down for us since I really don't want to have to set up or take anything down or have my parents do anything. SO finding a place that fits these requirements was a task, but one of the first places I wrote down actually ended up being the place. It was the only place we went to look at in person since it was really the only one that fit price wise and did all the set up and take down. So we went there Saturday and lucky for us they had everything set up for some weddings that were happening later that night. Well having everything set up for a wedding definitely made it easy to picture the event and of course I immediately fell in love with two of spaces that they had, the wedding grove and imbrie meadow. So we'll have the ceremony in the wedding grove and then everyone will walk over to imbrie meadow where there is a large white tent with a dance floor and bar underneath (two key items needed for any great wedding, dancing and beer). They actually have some pictures up on their website if anyone is curious. Another funny thing about the place is that it just happens to be one of Rion and I's favorite Oregon restaurant chains.........McMenamins!!! So after touring the place and loving it we took a look at available dates and there was only one Saturday next summer where they had both the wedding grove and imbrie meadow available, which I thought was kind of shocking since it's over a year away!!! Well that date just happens to be my parents 28 wedding anniversary, which of course I didn't even think about until I called my mom and told her, but she of course said she would be happy to share their anniversary with us. So today I finally called and booked Rion and I's wedding, August 21st, 2010......417 days and counting=)!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kristina - good to know! I think it's sweet that you are going to share the date with your parents. It will be so wonderful. I can't wait! I hope it goes by quickly. It will be weird because Louisa will already be a year and a half old by then...and who knows there might be another baby by then too ;) Anyway, good for you guys for picking a date, and if you need any advice you've got lots of us who have experience with the whole wedding planning thing :) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That is so exciting! It is definately a relief to have a place and a date. and it is very sweet to share your anniversary with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a beautiful place and August is a good time weather wise. I am excited to go to Portland for it. And I agree with Aubri, that will be fun to share your anniversary, and now you have no excuse to forget to wish them a happy anniversary ;)

    ReplyDelete