Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Moving & Old memories

Well I think this evening we might actually be done moving even though we started Saturday......I don't think we realized how much stuff I was able to fit into that tiny apartment. We didn't rent a truck to move everything all at once since we're only moving 5 miles away. Instead we did multiple trips with my car, Rion's SUV, Jake's truck and Aaron's car........you think we'd be done by now with all those cars, but no. Moving aside, the new aparment is beautiful and so much bigger. My good friend Mary came over Saturday night and stayed till Sunday helping me paint (Rion and I hate white walls so we went and got four different colors to paint various rooms) and even with her help I still have more to do, even though I am sooooo sick of painting. I wish I could just snap my fingers and it would all be done.....anyone have some free time in the next couple weeks?=)

On another note, as I was unpacking I found some old photo albums and pictures from Junior high and High school. Wow how things have flown by, I know i've said this before, but in my head it seems like just yesterday. I have soooo many wonderful memories of "the gang" and the good times we shared. Looking through these pictures I wish I could take a step back and just for a day relive some of those moments....visiting Stevie in the scrap booking store, watching Kayleen and Sarah perform on drill, surprising Jessie for her birthday and of course cheering with Aubri, in which there was never a dull moment=)! I'm very glad I was able to find such a great group of friends who I've been able to stay in contact with and continue to build memories with=). I'll have to scan some of the funny photos I came across and post them...they just crack me up! Love you guys!!!

3 comments:

  1. Aww, it's true, we did have are lucky to have each other and all those memories.

    You get to paint your apartment? The owners okay'd that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, we have the same management company as the last apartment. They told us we can paint whatever we want in whatever color we just have to paint it back when we leave, which I think we might be at this place for at least a year so that won't be too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are almost done moving, I know it takes a long time to get settled! I agree with you; we have a great group of friends and I'm glad we are still together!

    ReplyDelete